Aerosoft veröffentlicht Mega Airport Berlin Brandenburg V2 für MSFS
Almost two years after the initial release, Aerosoft/LimeSim has released today a major update to Berlin’s Brandenburg Airport, EDDB. This update, available for free to existing owners, brings many significant enhancements to a scenery that was definitely in need of some upgrades.
Hopefully, after this update, simmers will have little to complain about LimeSim’s rendition of Brandenburg Airport. The official product images, at least, present us with a good-looking airport with plenty of features.
The developers claim that this is a highly accurate recreation of EDDB, now with improved textures, custom aerial imagery, and more. The addition of Aerosoft’s VDGS system is an exciting new feature of this airport… but will unfortunately not be available for Xbox users. This feature allows pilots to see the exact position of their aircraft in relation to the gate and accurately park it.
The government terminal at Berlin Brandenburg Airport is another new feature that enhances the airport’s experience. This highly detailed terminal has a reception area for German VIPs, including presidents, prime ministers, kings, queens, and so on.
The highly detailed models of airport terminals, hangars, buildings, and other airport facilities create a realistic environment for pilots and passengers alike. The attention to detail in these models, along with the airport’s accurate taxiway, apron, and stand layouts, should make it feel like you are actually at the airport.
The custom-animated jetways and taxiway signage further enhance the realistic feel of the airport, allowing pilots to move through the airport in a realistic way. The realism extends to the terrain elevation data, which LimeSim says will make you “feel almost every tiny slope that is there in real world when taxiing“.
Among many other features, detailed below, the new Easyjet hangar, hotel at the airport plaza, and other recently constructed buildings add to the airport’s authentic feel. The advanced lighting system for taxiways and realistic nighttime dynamic lighting brings the airport to life during all hours of the day. Additionally, the LODs for all models should ensure that performance is not seriously affected, providing an overall smooth and enjoyable experience for all users.
Aerosoft Mega Airport Berlin Brandenburg V2 is available now as a free upgrade to existing owners. Those looking to purchase this scenery can find it at the Aerosoft store, priced at around €20.
- Features a highly accurate recreation of Berlin Brandenburg Airport (EDDB, BER)
- Now with working VDGS safegate system (Aerosoft module, not for Xbox)
- Brand new highly detailed government terminal with reception area for the German Capital‘s government VIP‘s including presidents, premier ministers, kings and queens…
- Highly detailed models of airport terminals, hangars, buildings and other airport facilities
- Accurate taxiway, apron and stands layout (including the new apron E and A extensions as well as other recent modifications)
- Realistically placed GSE (complete replacement since previous version) and hundreds of additional clutter objects
- Moving traffic with animations and sounds on both landside and airside
- People inside and outside terminals – some animated
- Multiple custom static aircraft at long term parking positions
- Custom aerial image covering the airport and nearby area
- Detailed terrain elevation data lets you feel almost every tiny slope that is there in real world when taxiing (e.g. taxiways tilted sideways for sewage reasons)
- Custom animated jetways
- Custom taxiway signage
- Realistic night time dynamic lighting
- New Easyjet hangar, new hotel at airport plaza and other buildings recently constructed
- Advanced lighting system for taxiways with custom made models for this airport
- VFR scenery surroundings like Waltersdorf shopping complex, skydive center, autobahn flyovers, bridges and more bring the surrounding scenery to life.
- LODs for all models (=models become less detailed the further you move away from them for improved performance)
MSFS Addons is reader-supported. When you buy through links on this page, we may earn an affiliate commission. Thank you!